To all residents of Silsden:
Please be assured that a number of organisations are working behind the scenes to ensure appropriate help and support is in place for all local residents over the coming weeks and months as the coronavirus pandemic impacts on our community.
The Silsden Emergency Planning Group has been set up and is working to co-ordinate a link between local residents and organisations – for both offers of help and requests for help. Look out for more news about this in the coming days.
Please keep away from other people where possible!
We would like to strongly reinforce the advice from public health officials about social distancing. Unless absolutely essential, you should stay at home in order to reduce your contact with others. If you do need to see people, keep at least 2 metres apart.
- Self-isolate for 7 days if you have a fever or new persistent cough. This extends to 14-days for households with multiple people.
- Avoid all contact with people who are showing symptoms.
- Work from home if you’re able to.
- Avoid gatherings with friends and family. Use phone, video calls or social media to stay in touch.
- Use telephone or online services to contact business and organisations.
- Not panic-buy food or supplies. There will be enough for everyone.
- Not contact the NHS if your symptoms are mild.
- Visit 111.nhs.uk if your symptoms don’t improve after 7 days, or phone 111 if you don’t have the internet.
Initial appeal for people to help
As part of our planning here in Silsden, we will be looking for local volunteers and businesses to help. But right now we would ask you to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining the Silsden Emergency Planning Group, perhaps if you’ve got logistics, emergency planning or other relevant experience.
We are looking for people who are DBS-checked and are willing to help answer phone calls. Please complete this form if you would like to volunteer to take phone calls from local people and we will be in touch to provide further details.
Now more than ever, we need to help those in need. Please consider donating what you can at this difficult time – food can be deposited at the Co-op in Silsden and on the gates of St. James’ Church.
Further information will be posted in the coming days at www.silsden.info and on our Facebook page at facebook.com/silsdeninfo
This information is available as a poster to print out and display in the window of your business or organisation – or to share with people who don’t have the internet. Please click here to download
How Do I Get Involved?
Bradford Council are coordinating a volunteer effort – click on the button below to link to their webpage and then complete the registration form.